Porthgwarra Beach is located between Porthcurno and Lands End in the far west of Cornwall. Once a former fishing village, most of the boats have long since gone leaving behind a wonderfully pretty cove.
Porthgwarra is best visited at low tide when the sea recedes to leave a lovely small sandy beach complete with rock pools, caves, and tunnels to explore which is perfect for a family day out.
Although the cove is fairly safe care must be taken when swimming. As with any beach, tides can be quite strong and dangerous in places.
Porthgwarra Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: No
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: No
- Parking: Yes, small car park
- Toilets: Yes
- Dog Friendly: Yes, seasonal restrictions from Easter until 1st October
- Restaurants/Cafes: Small shop
- Accessibility: Sloped access to the beach
- Postcode: TR19 6JR
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.036966, -5.672147