Porthmeor Beach is the proud owner of the coveted Blue Flag Award for cleanliness. Located on the western side of St Ives on the North Cornwall coastline, Porthmeor along with Porthminster is one of the most popular beaches in the area.
This beautiful beach is large, and sandy with lots of rock pools exposed at low tide which is what makes it so popular with everyone from surfers to sunbathers. Porthmeor benefits from having a great range of facilities not only by the beach but also in St Ives itself.
Views from the beach include across to St Nicholas’s Chapel and the Tate St Ives which lies at the back and overlooks it.
Porthmeor Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: Lifeguard cover from May until September
- Parking: Yes, at the end of the beach and behind the Tate
- Toilets: Yes, by the beach
- Dog Friendly: Seasonal dog ban from Easter until 1st October
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, by the beach
- Accessibility: Sloped and stepped access to the beach
- Postcode: TR26 1JZ
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.215456, -5.482387