Lusty Glaze Beach is privately owned and located a short walk from the main centre of Newquay in Cornwall.
Although the beach is privately owned it is open to the public free of charge. This fine sandy beach is surrounded by cliffs which protect it from much of the elements, although this does mean a rather steep walk down via quite a lot of steps.
Lusty Glaze is highly popular with families of all ages as well as surfers and it’s not difficult to see why. Although smaller than some of the others in Newquay the beach does link up with Tolcarne beach and Great Western beach at low tide and the facilities here are also excellent.
Along with the beach, Lusty Glaze has its own adventure centre which offers a whole range of different activities including climbing, abseiling, surfing, and a range of other watersports.
Lusty Glaze Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: Easter and October half term and daily 8th May – 27th September
- Parking: Yes, car park at the top of the beach with other car parks available in Newquay
- Toilets: Yes, by the beach
- Dog Friendly: Yes, excluding 1st May-30th September
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, by the beach and in the town centre
- Accessibility: Steep steps lead down to the beach or beach can be accessed from Tolcarne Beach at low tide
- Postcode: TR7 3AE
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.421881, -5.064968