Harlyn Bay beach is notably one of the best family beaches in Cornwall. Located on the north coast a short distance from Padstow, Harlyn boasts a wide expanse of golden sand as far as the eye can see.
The makeup of the bay means it is suitable for surfers of all abilities. The unique headlands on either side of the bay forms a tunnel, forcing the waves in towards shore. This sandy beach is extremely popular with families of all ages because of its large safe bay and multiple rock pools which are fantastic to explore.
With beautiful views towards Trevose Head, it is certainly one of the best beaches in the area to visit.
Harlyn Bay Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: Lifeguard cover from May until September
- Parking: Yes, 1 large car park with field opened during busy times
- Toilets: Yes, by the car park
- Dog Friendly: Yes, all year round
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, public house just up from car park
- Accessibility: Direct access from car park with slope or steps
- Postcode: PL28 8SB
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.541358, -4.999457