Porthcurno Beach is located only a few miles from Lands End in the south west of Cornwall.
Possibly one of the best beaches in the area, Porthcurno is covered in lots of soft golden sand and is highly popular with families of all ages. A stream at the uppermost part of the beach provides a lovely opportunity for younger children to paddle.
At low tide a huge expanse of sand is exposed, however, care should be taken at high tide as the beach does shelve quite steeply in places. Overlooking Porthcurno beach on the cliffs to the west lies the Minack theatre.
Although steep it’s well worth climbing the steps up to the Minack from the beach as the views are truly wonderful and second to none but if you don’t fancy the walk you could always take a look at the Minack Theatre Webcam.
Porthcurno Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: 16th May – 27th September
- Parking: Yes, 1 at Porthcurno and second at the Minack
- Toilets: Yes, at Porthcurno car park
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes
- Accessibility: Sloped access from Porthcurno car park or very steep steps from the Minack car park
- Postcode: TR19 6JX
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.043050, -5.650778