Watergate Bay Beach is located between Porth and Mawgan Porth on the north coast of Cornwall near to Newquay.
This is one of North Cornwall’s most popular beaches, boasting vast amounts of golden sand that stretch out for around 2 miles. Although busy during the summer months, the beach is large enough so that you can still find your own space.
Watergate Bay proves to be popular with not only those families travelling to Cornwall for their holiday but also local beachgoers and surfers alike. Various surfing competitions such as the Relentless Boardmasters also take place here with consistently good waves being produced by the Atlantic sea.
Watergate Bay Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: During April and October holidays and 8th May – 27th September
- Parking: Yes, car park by the beach and another nearby
- Toilets: Yes by the beach
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, by the beach
- Accessibility: Good sloped access to beach complete with disabled access
- Postcode: TR8 4AA
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.444709, -5.043722