Crantock Beach is a wonderful sandy beach that lies between Pentire and West Pentire, a short distance from Newquay.
The beach is backed by sand dunes and is a welcome break from the more popular and busier resort of Newquay. Many people head to Crantock to avoid the crowds during high season and the beach is especially popular with families looking for a little space where they can play and relax.
At low tide, a massive expanse of sand is revealed and the headlands to the north and south go some way to shelter visitors from the weather.
Crantock Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: 19th May-30th September | Warning signs also present not to swim in river
- Parking: National Trust and private at Crantock with further car parks at West Pentire
- Toilets: Yes at Crantock car parks
- Dog Friendly: Yes, all year round
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes at Crantock car park
- Accessibility: Short path through dunes at Crantock or steps at West Pentire
- Postcode: TR8 5RN
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.407852, -5.115579