Porthtowan Beach is yet another North Cornwall beach to be awarded the coveted Blue Flag for cleanliness.
Located in an area of outstanding natural beauty this beautiful beach connects to Chapel Porth Beach at low tide, producing a large expanse of glorious golden sand. Porthtowan is flanked by cliffs which make for a great surfing beach.
Waves are often consistently good, meaning it’s a firm favourite with both locals and visitors alike. This truly is a great place for a family holiday or day trip. The great beach and range of facilities available are second to none.
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: Yes
- Lifeguards: Lifeguard cover from May until September
- Parking: Yes, large car park with further parking along the road
- Toilets: Yes, by the car park including disabled
- Dog Friendly: Seasonal dog ban from Easter Day until 31st October
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, by the beach
- Accessibility: Both a slope and steps lead down to the beach
- Postcode: TR4 8UD
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.288724, -5.245162