Porthleven Sands Beach is set in an area of outstanding natural beauty and is one of the best beaches South Cornwall has to offer.
Consisting mainly of sand and shingle, Porthleven beach expands to around 3 miles at low tide joining with its easterly neighbour Gunwalloe. Although popular with families, tides and currents at Porthleven can be hazardous and so swimming is not recommended, the surfing, however, is said to be some of the best Cornwall and the UK has to offer.
Porthlevan Sands Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: 11th July – 6th September
- Parking: Yes, parking in town and above town
- Toilets: Yes, by beach
- Dog Friendly: Seasonal dog ban from 10am – 6pm, 1st July – 31st August
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, in Porthleven
- Accessibility: Beach is accessed by slopes and steps
- Postcode: TR13 9EH
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.080560, -5.313242
If you’d like to see more of Porthleven, then take a look at the Porthleven Webcams.