Fistral Beach is located in Newquay and is possibly one of the best known and most loved beaches in Cornwall.
A truly spectacular beach, Fistral is large, sandy and lies between the headlands of Towan and Pentire. The stunning Headland Hotel gazes out across the bay, as it has done since 1900.
It’s these headlands and the northward facing beach that help to produce some of the best surfing in the UK. These waves have in turn led to surfing competitions such as the Relentless Boardmasters coming to Newquay.
Newquay and Fistral are just as popular with local families and surfers as they are with those holidaying in Cornwall. If you fancy checking out the beach in more detail, take a look at our Newquay Webcams post.
Fistral Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: Easter and October half term and daily 8th May – 27th September
- Parking: Yes, near to beach in various locations
- Toilets: Yes, by the beach
- Dog Friendly: Yes
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, by the beach and in the town centre
- Accessibility: Good disabled access with mostly slopes in various locations
- Postcode: TR7 1HY
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.417960, -5.098111