Chapel Porth Beach is National Trust owned and is located on the north coast of Cornwall between Porthtowan and St Agnes.
Home to the world-renowned World Belly Board Championships, this wonderful beach is mainly stone and shingle at high tide. At low tide, however, the sea recedes to reveal a wonderfully wide expanse of sand just perfect for family days out.
Although the beach is perfect for all types of visitors, care must be taken when the tide returns to cover the sand. This is because there is a high risk of being cut off by the sea which will lead to the emergency services having to be called.
Chapel Porth Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: 16th May – 27th September
- Parking: Yes, by the beach
- Toilets: Yes by the beach
- Dog Friendly: Yes, seasonal dog ban from Easter until 1st October
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, by the beach
- Accessibility: Short slope onto beach with stones and boulders at top
- Postcode: TR5 0NS
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.301154, -5.236454