Carlyon Bay Beach is located near to St Austell on the south coast of Cornwall.
Extending to around 2 miles and made up of coarse sand Carlyon Bay can become quite busy during high season. At present, the whole area is under redevelopment with a large complex being built behind the beach itself.
Due to this, there is quite a walk from the car park although visitors should not be put off as there is a shuttle bus for the elderly and those with mobility problems. Despite the current building works, Carlyon Bay is still one of the better beaches in the area and well worth a visit.
Carlyon Bay Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: No
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: No lifeguard cover
- Parking: Yes, at the top of the hill
- Toilets: Yes, by the beach
- Dog Friendly: Season restrictions in place from April until October
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, by the beach
- Accessibility: Car park is quite a long distance up some 80 steps. There is a bus running for disabled and elderly
- Postcode: PL25 3PH
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.337403, -4.731425