Readymoney Cove Beach is a small yet beautiful beach located on the edge of Fowey in southeast Cornwall.
Consisting of sand and shingle, Readymoney Cove is very sheltered and great for swimming, relaxing and the perfect beach holiday location. Overlooking the cove to the south is the remains of St Catherine’s Castle which was originally built in approximately 1530 to defend Fowey harbour.
The cove and beach are very popular with visitors and it’s not difficult to see why. If you’re in the area or are planning to holiday near Fowey then it’s well worth a visit.
Readymoney Cove Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: No
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: No
- Parking: Yes, a 5-10 minute walk away up a woodland track.
- Postcode: PL23 1JD
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.329516, -4.645554
- Toilets: Yes by the beach
- Dog Friendly: Seasonal dog ban from 10am – 6pm, 1st July – 31st August
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, by the beach
- Accessibility: Sloped path from car park to the cove with slipway access to the beach itself