Porthminster Beach is a beautiful beach that lies within the wonderful West Cornwall town of St Ives.
Standing at around half a mile long, this crescent shaped beach is located just below St Ives’ train station. Sheltered from the elements and covered in masses of soft golden sand with crystal blue water as far as the eye can see, it’s not difficult to see why Porthminster is so popular.
The calm seas and relatively safe bathing makes it one of the best beaches in the area for families with children of all ages.
Porthminster Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: No
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: Lifeguard cover from May until September
- Parking: Yes, car park at railway station and further parking in town centre
- Toilets: Yes, by the beach
- Dog Friendly: Seasonal dog ban from Easter Day until 31st October
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, by the beach
- Accessibility: Sloped and stepped access to the beach
- Postcode: TR26 2EB
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.208517, -5.476019