Carne Beach is one part of a massive sandy bay on the Roseland Peninsula on the south coast of Cornwall.
Lying a short distance from St Mawes, Carne beach and it’s neighbour Pendower Beach are popular with those walkers and families looking for a slower pace of life away from the more popular and busier resorts.
At low tide a large expanse of sand is exposed and Carne comes into it’s own providing ample space for all types of beach activities and games. When conditions are right, large swells can be found at Carne making it also fairly popular with surfers.
Carne Beach Information
- Surfers Beach: No
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: No
- Parking: Small amount of parking on the road with larger car park just behind the beach
- Toilets: Yes, in the car park
- Dog Friendly: Seasonal dog ban from Easter Day until 31st October
- Restaurants/Cafes: No
- Accessibility: Short slipway down to the beach with slope from the car park
- Postcode: TR2 5PF
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.207193, -4.937990