Portreath Beach is a wonderful sandy beach measuring around 1/4 mile long on the north coast of Cornwall near to Redruth.
Lying next to the village harbour, Portreath is a very popular family beach with a great range of facilities. Anyone taking a holiday in this part of Cornwall should add Portreath to the list of places to visit.
Not only a family beach, but Portreath is also highly popular for surfing and bodyboarding with shelter from south westerly winds producing fairly consistent swells. You can keep an eye on the beach by looking at our Portreath Webcam page.
- Surfers Beach: Yes
- Blue Flag: No
- Lifeguards: Lifeguard cover from May until September
- Parking: Yes, by the beach
- Toilets: Yes, by the beach
- Dog Friendly: Seasonal dog ban from Easter Day until 31st October
- Restaurants/Cafes: Yes, by the beach
- Accessibility: Both sloped and stepped access to the beach
- Postcode: TR16 4PH
- Sat Nav Coordinates: 50.262063, -5.295159